We are delighted to say that from the 26th May 2020 we will start our training, and course bookings for those courses are now open and being filled.
Please be assured that for your safety in this COVID-19 period we have put in place all reasonably practicable steps to keep you safe. Our steps follow the Government Guidelines of;
- Social Distancing
- Hand washing
- Management of Risk
Our Training Rooms have been re organised to ensure you have a personal desk that is the required distance from the next delegate, and is no longer face to face. We have also put in a number of processes; individual refreshments so no sharing of anything, antibacterial gels, extra room cleaning and disinfecting regimes. Your Trainer will be informing you of these prior to the course. Unfortunately we will not be able to provide lunch for you during this period as the sites and the awarding bodies have told Training Providers not to, but if you wish to bring your own feel free to do so.
If you want to wear your own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the course, for example a face mask, please also feel free to do so. But they are not mandatory.
The way you enter our sites may have changed as well, in adherence with site policies. None of this is particularly onerous for you we assure you, but do read the information we will send you and your employer. But please enjoy your course with us safe in the knowledge that these procedures are there for your safety and comfort.
GSS Training has done a thorough Risk Assessment of the safety requirements during the COVID-19 period and put those controls in place based on;
- HM Government “Guidance for Employers, Employees and the Self-Employees – “Working safely during COVID-19 in offices and contact centres”
- CCNSG (Client Contractor National Safety Group) information received 14th May 2020 and PAM015 Amendment
- SPA (Safety Pass Alliance) Guidance issued 1st May 2020
- MPQC (Mineral Products Qualification Council) standards via SPA
- IOSH Managing Safely & Working Safely during the coronavirus pandemic
- IEMA Adapting to COVID-19
- CPBL (Carrington Business Park) COVID-19 New Site Procedures and Risk Assessment
- The Heath Business and Science Park, Runcorn (SOG Limited) COVID-19 New Site Procedures and Risk Assessment
- The Thornbury Centre, (Bradford) COVID-19 New Site Procedures and Risk Assessment
A copy is of course available to anyone. Please contact us if you require one.
If you require us to do a Course at your premises or a third party premises, which we are always delighted to do, we will require assurance that the Government Guidelines have been put in place. I’m sure you understand we have a duty of care to ensure our own staff are protected as well as the delegates on the course.
Communication is key here. If there is ANYTHING you are concerned about, or wish to clarify something, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. I will do my very best to put your mind at rest by telling you what we have done for your safety while on our courses. My Email is firstname.lastname@example.org